Friday, July 18, 2008

Walk Down This Mountain

Two weeks. In two weeks I will make the last 12 hour trek to Liberty University. I am filled with what can only described as a mix between nostalgia and butterflies. I am excited, but scared. I am overwhelmed and yet a little more wisened. God has shown me a little more of, well, me these past three years, and I can only imagine what he will teach me over the next six months of playing mommy to 48 girls.

Wow. 48 girls. forty-eight, beautiful women of God. I can only dream of the problems and joy they will bring my life. I can only pray that what they seek is a deeper relationship with Christ, but one can only hope...

I cannot wait till I am driving towards those mountains that have greeted me every morning for the past three years. I cannot wait to see the sunset once more behind that extravagant painting God crafted. It is always such a reminder of His beauty and Grace, and I miss it so...

I know that, once more, I will come face to face with those that find Christianity to be a trend, and that I will have to stretch myself to be in a rich relationship with Christ. I know that there will be days where I won't feel like spending time with Christ, there will be days when I get caught up in the motivational speaking that ends up being just that, a speech. Some days I will choose talking over doing, but I pray that God prepares my heart to truly listen to Him when He speaks to me, to listen to Him when he tells me to reach out, to get out of my comfort zone...

I'm excited to learn. I am so excited to use my brain again! I look forward to the days I can spend overlooking the gorgeous skyline while studying. I am so excited to see what God has in store for me... True, I am a little sad that this is my last year, but this is just the beginning, right? Who knows what he has in store... Who knows, maybe I will be up in Lynchburg for another three years...

Nah.

1 comment:

Brittney Galloway said...

Ooooo I am so glad you are excited for the school year. I have been praying for you and your new responsibilities that are coming! Love you lots.