Thursday, March 26, 2009

Renewed Ambition - For Kaitlyn

I can't really pinpoint the moment it happened, or even how. I don't know if something drained it out of me, or perhaps I just became completely comfortable in my complacency. I personally believe it was the moment that I thought Christ was going to lead me in a way that meant I wouldn't have to exert any effort in order to live this one brief life extraordinarily. Somehow along the way my dreams took a back seat and instead I settled into a warm and secure environment. One that no longer challenged me mentally and spiritually. I do not know the moment the dreams I chased, and the ambition to win that game of tag, vanished.

No, I'm not 100% sure why this happened, but I do know that the moment I turned over what I thought I should do and traded it for what God wanted me to do, a revolution in which the ambition I had once lost, returned.

What do you do with this renewed ambition? You exert as much energy into it that you possibly can, leaping obstacles, jumping fences, and persisting on fire with the passion that gets you to your destination. There isn't anyone pushing you now, it's just you and the choice between laziness and a dream.


It's your dream; chase it.

No comments: